Further cementing Mbappé’s stature in the game is ESPN‘s recent list of the top player’s age 21 or under. The list of 36 footballers was compiled by Tor-Kristian Karlsen who used several criteria to develop the final ranking, including performances in the top leagues over a sustained period.
After consulting with scouts and sporting directors (and his own opinion), Mbappé came out on top for the second year in a row.
Karlsen calls Mbappé a “complete forward” with virtually no weaknesses to his game. The FIFA World Cup winner has scored 90 goals in 120 appearances for PSG since joining the club in 2017 and it’s scary to think that he’s only 21-years-old and still getting better.
The rest of the top 10 looks like this:
2. Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund)
3. Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool FC)
4. Vinicius Junior (Real Madrid
5. Kai Havertz (Bayer Leverkusen)
6. Matthijs de Ligt (Juventus FC)
7. Gianluigi Donnarumma (AC Milan)
8. Erling Haaland (Borussia Dortmund)
9. Federico Valverde (Real Madrid)
10. Joao Felix (Atlético Madrid)
Ligue 1 is represented throughout the list of 36 footballers, although not as much as I think is warranted considering the amount of talent in France. In addition to Mbappé, Houssem Aouar (Olympique Lyonnais), Eduardo Camavinga (Stade Rennais), Victor Osimhen (Lille OSC), and Boubakary Soumare (Lille OSC) all make the list.
Want more PSG? Visit the PSG Talk Podcast Network page and subscribe to PSG Talking, The 1970, and 24th & Parc.