Why PSG Bears the Brunt of Pressure Instead of Barcelona, According to Pundit

This Wednesday, Paris Saint-Germain is set to host FC Barcelona at the Parc des Princes for the initial leg of their UEFA Champions League quarterfinal clash. 

The encounter holds significant importance for both teams. The winner of the tie will progress to the semifinals and contend against either Atletico Madrid or Borussia Dortmund, steering clear of formidable opponents such as Manchester City and Real Madrid.

Nonetheless, El Chiringuito expert Carme Barceló reveals why she believes that PSG have the pressure in this tie heading into the first leg. 

“The pressure falls on PSG, the favored team,” Barceló said. 

As the Champions League quarterfinals kick off this week, Opta Analyst published the percentages of who they see advancing to the semifinals and winning the entire competition. 

For PSG, Opta gives them a 57 percent chance of advancing past Barcelona to the semifinal while the Spanish side has a 43 percent chance. It will be interesting to see if the data proves right for the Parisians or if the Catalan side pulls off the upset.

Tags Barcelona Champions League La Liga
Follow Us