PSG Favored to Outstrip Barcelona, Surpassing Arsenal’s Champions League Chances

This Wednesday, Paris Saint-Germain will welcome FC Barcelona to the Parc des Princes for the first leg of their UEFA Champions League quarterfinal matchup.

The matchup between the two sides is crucial since the winner will not only advance to the semifinal but also face either Atletico Madrid or Borussia Dortmund while avoiding the likes of Manchester City and Real Madrid. 

As the Champions League quarterfinals kick off this week, Opta Analyst published the percentages of who they see advancing to the semifinals and winning the entire competition. 

For PSG, Opta gives them a 57 percent chance of advancing past Barcelona to the semifinal while the Spanish side has a 43 percent. As for reaching the final, the Parisians have a 35.9 percent chance of reaching London to play in their second final in five years. 

Now, what percentage does Luis Enrique and his team have of winning the entire competition? The platform gives the capital club a 14.7 percent chance of lifting the trophy.  

Tags Arsenal Barcelona Champions League La Liga Premier League
Follow Us