Cristiano Ronaldo Treatment? Real Madrid Set to Grant Substantial Image Rights Share to Kylian Mbappé

Kylian Mbappé could be getting the Cristiano Ronaldo treatment from Real Madrid. Reports suggest both sides are still discussing contract details, and one of the issues is image rights.

In the past, the Spanish giants split image rights 50-50 with superstar players. This contract setup was good enough for Luis Figo, Ronaldo, David Beckham, and Zinedine Zidane.

However, Real Madrid had to steer away from that path regarding Cristiano Ronaldo. The Portuguese forward broke the rule, and now it appears that the soon-to-be former Paris Saint-Germain forward will do the same.

According to El Chiringuito host Josep Pedrerol (h/t Le10Sport), Mbappé will keep 80 percent of his image rights, while Real Madrid will hold onto the other 20 percent.

Diario AS recently reported that Mbappé has filed multiple trademark applications with the European Intellectual Property Office. Which brands is the PSG sensation aiming to safeguard? Below are the items on his list:

  1. His surname, given name, and initials
  2. His iconic crossed-arms celebration
  3. His memorable phrases: “You don’t talk to me about age” and “Football has changed.”
Tags Cristiano Ronaldo Kylian Mbappé Real Madrid
Follow Us