It probably won’t come as a surprise that Kylian Mbappé and Neymar Jr. are extremely well-compensated for their football and marketing capabilities. How they compare to other footballers around the world though may be of some interest.
Mbappé was able to just sneak inside the top 10 at only 21-years-old, which is an accomplishment considering how much less he makes in wages from Paris Saint-Germain compared to Neymar.
According to Transfermarkt, Mbappé earns an estimated €1.910 million per month while Neymar pulls in €3.060 million per month from PSG.
L’Equipe estimates Mbappé’s gross salary per year to be €21.2 million and thanks to several marketing opportunities, the Frenchman was able to increase his revenue in 2019 to €27 million.
Here is the full list of the 10 highest-paid players in the world. The fact that Gareth Bale earned more than Mbappé is extremely disturbing…
1. Lionel Messi (€131 million)
2. Cristiano Ronaldo (€118 million)
3. Neymar (€95 million)
4. Gareth Bale (€38.7 million)
5. Antoine Griezmann (€38.5 million)
6. Eden Hazard (€35 million)
7. Andrés Iniesta (€34 million)
8. Raheem Sterling (€33.8 million)
9. Robert Lewandowski (€29 million)
10. Kylian Mbappé (€27 million)
Want more PSG? Visit the PSG Talk Podcast Network page and subscribe to PSG Talking, The 1970, and 24th & Parc.